Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- have responsibility for the user interface along with all code that drives it
- embed in SCRUM activities with feature teams
Your key responsibilities
- Provide development of the UI for SCRUM Team in all manner of web applications using REACT, HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS & some JS
- Responsive Development
- Drive client-side architecture of the application
- Provide level of effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Review all front-end code
- Work with UI/UX team to translate expectations into a working interface
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools
- Coordinate with .Net developers to meet team and program goals
- Due to the nature of the effort travel may be required
Skills and attributes for success
- Sound technical competency in designing, developing, and executing solutions
- Digital Accessibility Non-Functional Requirements:-
- Keyboard Access and Visual Focus: All content and functionality should be available through a keyboard. Keyboard focus should be visible and should follow a logical order through the page elements.
- Page Title and Language: The page title should adequately and briefly describe the content of the page and should be different from other pages on the website. Primary language of every page and language changes should be indicated.
- Headings: The page should have at least one heading. It should be marked up correctly as a heading and the heading hierarchy should be meaningful.
- Images: Every image should include alt in the markup. If an image conveys information useful, then it needs alternative text. If an image is just decorative, then it should have null alt (alt="").
- Contrast, Color, Appearance: The page should have a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal-size text. Color alone should not be used to convey information.
- Resizing, Magnification, Responsiveness: Users should be able to enlarge web content. The design should be responsive.
- Links, Buttons, Controls, Navigation, Skip Link: Links, buttons and controls should be recognizable and coded correctly. Clear and consistent navigation options should be provided. A skip link that allows users to skip to content should be available.
- Forms, Labels, Errors: Forms should be keyboard accessible. Form controls should have labels. Required fields and other instructions should be clearly indicated. Error handing should be clear and simple.
- Tables and Lists: Tables should have HTML markup that indicates header cells and data cells and defines their relationship. List elements should be used for list content.
- Multimedia (Audio and Video), Animation, Moving content: Captions/subtitles, transcript, and/or audio description should be provided appropriately for audio and video media. Keyboard access for media player controls, animations, carousels and other moving content should be available.
- Structure, Meaning, Reading Order, Global Code: Content should be well-structured to allow efficient navigation and processing. Mark-up should be used for headings, lists, tables, etc. to better structure content. Reading order should be reflected in the code order.Touch: Touch interactions should be supported. When phone is in scope, phone interactions should be supported.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Informatics, Design, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with a concentration in front end design and development
- 2+ years of jQuery experience
- 1+ years of RESTful application development
- Expert in REACT, HTML, CSS
- Experience with LESS or SASS
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to lead and task manage software engineers and provide appropriate level of guidance and oversight to ensure delivery of engineering deliverables.
- A firm grasp of design concepts such as Responsive Design, Progressive Enhancement, Adaptive Rendering, and Minimal Download Strategy
- Strong understanding on client-side performance optimization techniques
- Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies and frameworks such as SCRUM
- Strong object-oriented design skills and ability to articulate designs using UML diagrams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- GIT, NPM, Command Line
- Mobile Design & Development
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.