Cloud Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We are looking for Cloud Software Engineer - Java / Scala / Azure Cloud to:
Design and Develop high quality software solutions for Market Risk platform and Issuer Risk (FRTB and Issuer Models)
• Develop new applications to meet regulatory commitments (e.g: FRTB, GMETH)
• Develop applications using Scala and Java programming languages
• Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever increasing data volumes, using Java, Scala, big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure Cloud computing etc.
• Migrate on-prem apps or build new Apps into Azure Cloud (or) using Big Data Technologies i.e. Azure Data Lakes, Spark, Scala, Python, Java, Azure Data Factory, Azure Batch
• Design and Develop Micro-services using Spring Boot
You’ll be working in the Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team in Krakow, Poland. Part of the larger Group Technology organization at UBS, FRAS Technology delivers quality, innovative solutions that support our Group Functions business partners in achieving their operational goals. Technology is at the very heart of UBS. As a team of thousands of talented women and men, we have a critical role to play in building, delivering and maintaining the systems, services and infrastructure that power our business. Technology is about people and every person has a crucial role to play on the UBS Technology team.
• BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Hands on Experience as a software engineer in a globally distributed team working with Scala, Java programming language (preferably both)
• Experience with big-data technologies Spark/Databricks and Hadoop/ADLS is a must
• Experience in any one of the cloud platform Azure (Preferred), AWS or Google
• Experience building data lakes and data pipelines in cloud using Azure and Databricks or similar tools.
• Spark Developer certification from any of (Databricks, MAPR, Cloudera or Hortonworks) is added advantage but not required
• Practice with Unix command line tools
• Familiarity working with agile methodology
• Strong database and data analysis skills
• A history of producing secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• Methodology know-how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (know how to figure things out)
• Keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core products and solutions overall
• Experience in financial services is a plus, but not required
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.