Model Risk Control Internship Program
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Do you have a sharp, analytic mindset? Do you like when things are moving fast? Are you passionate about advanced modeling techniques and managing risk? For our Model Risk Internship Program, we are looking for people like that who can help us to:
• support automation and standardization migration projects
participate in adoption of Agile project management
• familiarize with model risk management processes and regulations
• support model implementation reviews
You will be working in Model Risk Management & Control (US) function within the US Chief Risk Officer organization. Our role is to understand and assess the risks associated with the use of models throughout the firm. We focus on models used to monitor our operational risks.
• enrolled in to earn or hold a bachelor's degree in financial mathematics, statistics, econometrics, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, economics, or another technical area
• interest in financial markets (experience is a plus)
• a can-do attitude to get the problem solved (despite all challenges)
• motivated, self-directed, and creative
• adaptable, able to work across teams, functions, and cultures
• good in English, both spoken and written
• skilled in MS Applications including Excel, PowerPoint,
• experience with GitLab, GitHub or JIRA and agile concepts
• experience programming, ideally with LaTex, ‘R’, or Python
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.