Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
The BPE P2PO IMS has expert knowledge on the procure to purchase order process for indirect materials and services. This process is supported by global tool(s), and therefore needs as much as possible to be globally harmonized, although local legislation and/or tax rules may require to accept local deviations. The BPE holds responsibility to design, deploy and maintain the global process including required localizations, ensures the supporting tool(s) are functionally supporting the process and identifies and agrees on the service model required to operationally support the process and tool(s). The BPE role has a global scope.
You are responsible for
- Providing expertise in processes analysis (L3-L7) within P2PO domain to perform process gap analyses, propose best practices as input for the process design.
- Designing the PEPF processes (L3 – L7) with the above mentioned requirement features and ensure alignment with the underpinning IT applications incl. relevant process performance metrics & KPI’s and compliance requirements and controls.
- Supporting process implementation programs and projects and ensure processes are implemented as designed.
- Collaboration with IT and EIM to ensure that IT applications and data models support the business process requirements and design.
- Be a change agent by clarifying the impact of the new ways of working including the process, IT applications to the deployment teams; content owner of the deployment materials (guidelines, work instructions and learnings), as developed with Philips University or other parties who develop the process role-based learning curricula for the end-users.
- Building and maintaining SME communities in their respective domain and ensure people competencies and capabilities are in place to execute the standard solutions in the process domains and identify opportunities for improvement (level 3-7).
- Process Performance tracking and Continuous improvement: BPE establishes an accurate process performance impact tracking & reporting, with reference to internal/external benchmarks and relevant targets. As part of the continuous improvement phase and actively share knowledge and help problem solve with systemic issues driving impact.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Several years working experience in a Procurement organization, deep knowledge of the P2PO process
- Good understanding of the relevant procure to pay and (vendor) master data processes
- Basic understanding of the operational SAP system, focused on procure-to-pay process
- Able to translate business requirements into process design and functional requirements in support of tool design
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and presentation
- LEAN mindset, able to apply LEAN problem solving techniques
- Able to work in complex environment managing multiple stakeholders from various functional background and culture
- IT / Digital oriented: interest to support digitalization and automation drives and appetite to learn new tools and technologies (early adopter)
- Fluent in English
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.