Economist - Climate Risk
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about the interaction between climate change, macroeconomics and financial markets? Does financial and economic forecasting excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– perform economic analysis for the identification and assessment of macroeconomic and financial risks related to climate change
– construct alternative forecasts and scenarios for business planning and stress testing purposes, with a focus on forecasting financial indicators such as equity indices, interest rates and exchange rates for countries, sectors and regions
– utilise methodologies and econometric models for forecasting macroeconomic and financial variables under baseline and stress conditions
– demonstrate soundness of scenario assumptions by means of robust research and monitoring of environmental, political, macroeconomic and market developments
– interact with different teams across UBS for scenario analysis
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and resulting new developments
You’ll be working as part of the Scenario Development (SDE) team within Forecasting and Scenario Methodology (FSM) in Krakow, Poland. Our team is responsible for all aspects of economic stress testing and scenario analysis. The FSM Scenario Development team’s main focus is on global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of baseline and stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using research, subject-matter expertise, use of econometric models and input from senior management and other experts within UBS.
Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events and trends, including environmental concerns.
– Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. economics, macroeconomics, environmental economics, financial economics). Exceptional candidates without a Master's degree but with highly relevant additional work experience will also be considered
– At least three years work experience in a related role
– experience involving economic analysis, forecasting of macroeconomic and financial variables, econometric modelling or generation of macroeconomic scenarios
– solid knowledge of macroeconomic and financial indicators
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
– fluent in English, with strong writing skills
– Keen interest in the interaction between climate change, macroeconomics and financial markets, ideally with relevant previous experience
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.