Group CTO - Tech Engineer (Power BI Solution)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who would like to become part of a large global organization? Would you like to take an opportunity to drive your career in a friendly, collaborative team? We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks:
• Technical support of the Power BI application suite. This includes the whole suite of Power BI applications.
• Driving visual analytics best practices across the firm to achieve effective use of Power BI software.
• Managing incidents and issues, focusing on effective communication and follow-up with stakeholders and other technical teams.
• Managing interface to our engineering by addressing issues, as keeping track of these end to end issues until they are solved.
• Participation in different Power BI-related activities such as working with users, training & involvement in the Power BI community
• Maintaining documentation and learning resources
You will be part of the global Agile BI team and will report directly into the Agile BI Service Manager. The Agile BI team has great expertise in visual analytics and also offers the Tableau application to UBS users.
This role will guarantee widespread exposure to every aspect of the Power BI product suite and represents a perfect opportunity for any Power BI enthusiast help grow the use of the application in UBS.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• deep, technical knowledge of both Power BI applications from an administrative and a consultative standpoint Professional certification qualification in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Server is preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
• a proactive attitude and focus on community and user engagement
• strong inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to chair user groups, make presentations to customers and interact positively with senior management
• understanding of visual analytics best practices & data visualisation methodology
• a passion to help users see and understand their data
• an involvement with the external Power BI community on social media, being familiar with blogs, learning resources and a Power BI Public profile. You may also be involved in local Power BI User Groups
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.