Data Engineer with Python
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
• Work closely with our business product owners and financial advisors to build and serve ML models for supporting business decisions.
• Implement recommender systems to augment our financial advisors and help the Clients.
• Analyse large quantities of data (TB scale) to uncover underlying patterns and provide actionable insights to the stakeholders
• Propose, design, and implement new data collection and pipelines that may be useful for creating better models.
You will join the team based in Wroclaw working within STAAT (Smart Technology and Advanced Analytics Team) for Wealth Management Americas within UBS. We have a clear mission: to design, build and deploy innovative, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions to wealth management. We are forming a new team and looking for professionals with both the ambition and knowledge to apply modern data science and machine learning methodologies to help our Clients. You will help in defining how the modern wealth management is going to be like.
• At least five years of experience in building / experimenting and deploying into production the ML models in a professional environment
• Proficient with Python/R and SQL
• At least basic knowledge in statistics and time series analysis
• Good communication skills for cross-teams collaboration and fluent in both written and spoken English
• Knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
• Good problem-solving abilityd
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.