Stress Testing and Risk Modeling Specialist – Remote Option
Job Reference #
Gdańsk, Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Do you have experience in derivatives and asset pricing or you have relevant academic background in this area? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you enjoy working with data and develop your own codes?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
• support the development and the maintenance of models used for risk management and stress testing of derivative products in the context of Counterparty Credit Risk
• assume responsibilities for data documentation, implementation testing and documenting credit risk exposure models
• help develop prototype codes that will be used in productive systems
• interact with risk expert functions as well as business representatives across the globe to deliver efficient and regulatory compliant solutions
• support key regulatory projects with impact on the Risk organization of the bank as required
You’ll be working in the Expected Credit Loss & Credit Stress Methodology team within the Credit Risk Methodology department in Krakow or remotely from other parts of Poland.
We develop and maintain the credit exposure measurement capabilities of the Investment Banking division within the UBS Group. The quantitative methods we use are closely related to sophisticated derivative pricing models.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Prior working experience in the financial services industry, including exposure to derivative pricing models (preferably across a range of asset classes) is a plus
• MS or PhD degree a in a quantitative field such as Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics or Physics
• Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply techniques from numerical analysis, statistics and financial mathematics to solve practical problems
• A sound understanding of asset pricing and/or SFT, OTC and ETD transactions across all major asset classes is a plus
• Good IT skills (R, SAS or SQL) or the ability to pick up these fast by demonstrating advanced knowledge in programming languages like C++, Python, Matlab
• Experience working with large data sets is beneficial
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English, both in oral and written form
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.