Aon sp. z o. o
If you learn fast and are interested in developing in an administrative role that will develop your analytical and communication skills, then the role is just for you!
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
In your first three months:
- you'll learn how we manage benefits systems for clients
- you'll get to know our team of benefits experts in different countries
- you'll become familiar with some tools that we use to offer and track employee benefits
What you'll do once you're fully trained:
- support our clients by administering their employee benefits
- ensuring that benefit deductions in payroll and provider files are accurate
- identifying discrepancies and highlighting errors on produced files
- participating in system testing during Internal Acceptance Testing and supporting User Acceptance Testing (performed by the clients)
- use your problem-solving and communication skills as you cooperate with other teams to manage issues
- help to set up and test new online platforms to meet specific clients' needs
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- up to 6 months of experience in a similar role would be useful, but we're much more interested in how quickly you can learn new skills
- good English – at least B2+ (on the CEFR scale) because you'll be using English every day
- good excel skills – at least at an intermediate level because it's a key working tool for this role
- attention to detail - you need to be able to keep track of lots of data and enjoy working at a fast pace
- a bachelor's or master's degree in economics, finance or maths is a plus, but is not crucial
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.