Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements for the Client Lifecycle Management
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
IB IT Client Lifecycle Management is a global technology team responsible for building and delivering solutions for mastering and distribution of reference data and client on-boarding, off-boarding and maintenance.
As part of this domain we are responsible for implementation and maintenance of a set of the interconnected applications, which are being intensively used by multiple business users and should provide best user experience in order to facilitate easy and fast flow of the business processes.
You'll be a Software Engineer working with a distributed development team supporting our applications Client Lifecycle Management Tool and Data Portal where key technologies used are as per below:
• Java 8
• Spring / REST / SOAP / JMS
• Activiti BPM, Drools
• Jira / GIT / GitLab / Maven / Gradle
• Postgres, CosmosDB
• MS Azure
• Experience with Java 3+ years
• Experience with relational databases, SQL
• Good knowledge of web services and JMS
• Good knowledge of Spring
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
• English: Upper-intermediate
Nice to have:
• Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with cloud (preferable MS Azure)
• Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
• Good communication skills
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.