Software Engineer DevOps
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build attractive digital products and services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to:
• design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our clients and employees
• apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
• ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
• understand, represent, and advocate for client needs
• share knowledge and expertise with colleagues , help with hiring, and contribute regularly to our engineering culture and internal communities.
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Chief Digital and Information Officer Investment Banking Operations team in Poland focusing on delivering solutions to empower our clients and to enable our client advisors to deliver on our client promise. We work closely with our various Integrated Client Lifecycle Services’ PODs and other key functions leading projects from all stages of the product lifecycle: concept development, implementation, management as well as closure. We also implement regulatory change and monitor the ongoing suitability and commercial viability of existing products.
• ideally 5+ years of experience in a similar position
• interested in learning new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
• strong communicator with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams, from making presentations to technical writing
• strong understanding of application development methodologies
• the sense of ownership who continuously strives to build top notch technical solution
• building new ci/cd tooling and pipelines
• experienced in deploying infrastructure using azure DevOps (ado) pipelines in azure cloud
• strong knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, CI/CD, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, PowerShell, IaaC
• experienced in deploying microservices on Kubernetes using helm charts
• good knowledge of pipeline based deployments GitLab is preferred, nexus, maven
• prior experience of working on azure cloud, azure monitor, app insight
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.