Who we are looking for
As a Risk Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will be responsible for identification, measurement, and independent oversight of counterparty risks arising from trading and business relationships with financial institutions. You will also support the principal ERM objectives by completing detailed credit analysis and due diligence of SSGA counterparties to facilitate informed credit decisions, monitor counterparty exposures, raise and mitigate identified risks.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, including Investment, Trading, Product, Legal and Compliance, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with our Technology Risk partners to drive improvement in productivity via automation and centralization of risk reporting, to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Counterparty Risk Analyst you will
- Conduct independent credit assessment of global banks and their subsidiaries as well as regional broker dealers. Candidate should possess some knowledge of financial statements such as balance sheet and income statement. Experience analyzing financial statements of financial institutions is a plus.
- Proactively monitor creditworthiness of counterparties and market developments to determine ability of financial institution to meet their obligations.
- Monitor counterparties against internal policies.
- Stay abreast of the global regulatory landscape.
- Take ownership and oversight for an assigned portfolio.
- Participate in special projects.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Communicating opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, and prioritize.
- Familiarity with trading activities and capital markets would be considered a plus
- Proficient in English language.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field; MBA a plus.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau would be an advantage
- General interest in investments. Progress towards an investment certification such as CFA or FRM would be considered as a plus