Who we are looking for
A talented and self-driven individual that will be working closely with the team of business analysts, projects managers and developers, who is able to leverage data management experience to support data-driven decisions. The individual will be required to create informative reporting and to act as a central point of contact for end-users and other business units representatives. The successful candidate should have a positive attitude, good communication skills and numerical skills. We offer a collaborative environment where technology, skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our team to support delivery of creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst you will:
- Administrate and maintain data collection systems
- Interpret business needs and support creation of new solutions in order to automate processes and create savings
- Work with large sets of data and create informative and actionable reporting (using PQ, PBI, SQL)
- Help end-users with queries and issues
- Ensure that internal Clients receive accurate and on-time information
What we value
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and time management skills
- Being a team player by working with other team members to deliver work within agreed deadlines
- Effective communication
- Proactively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, conduct research or seek help when required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A University Degree in banking/finance, mathematics or related field
- 2-plus years’ experience in work with clients (either internal or external)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Access, SharePoint)
- Command of PowerQuery, PowerBI, SQL is considered as plus
- Strong communication skills and advanced command of English