Who we are looking for
The role of PR Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the media and external communications plan for State Street in EMEA. Reporting to State Street’s VP of PR for EMEA, this role will support the EMEA Head of PR in managing day to day PR activities in the region and work closely with the Head of Internal Communications and Marketing for Poland, supporting our large employee team in Poland and helping to raise the firm’s profile in the market.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you be responsible for
- Responsible for State Street’s PR and media relations activities in EMEA, and managing all media relationships and engagement in Poland.
- Translates State Street media strategy and complex business concepts into meaningful, coherent and easy to understand messages and proactively seeks opportunities to channel them effectively through media in the region.
- Quickly gains good understanding of the business needs and building them into the media programme.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, spokespeople and senior leaders across EMEA and in the Polish market to ensure all PR/media activities run smoothly and effectively.
- Acts as the local media contact person in Poland for all journalist and reporter queries; builds and maintains relationship with journalist contacts to ensure effective media communications and positive media coverage via proactive outreach.
- Supports EMEA Head of PR in handling and managing issues and crisis that might arise.
- Assists in writing Poland specific social media content for Global Social Media team, partnering with the Poland HR, DE&I and employer branding teams.
- Maintains close relationship with Global Marketing to ensure Poland is consistently aligned with global corporate strategies and initiatives.
- Oversees written content for media partnerships in relations to sponsored content.
- Manages media monitoring and PR reporting in the region, and helps manage PR agencies in the region.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree, ideally in a communications-related discipline.
- Five to seven years of media relations and communications in multinational environment, preferably within financial services.
- Experience in handling media relations across Europe highly desirable.
- Fluent in English.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in handling media relationship in either agency and/or in-house environment with an international mindset.
- Strong news sense to identify media opportunities for the firm to secure positive press coverage.
- Excellent communications skill and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence and ability to interface with senior stakeholders from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures to provide best support to the business and to produce relevant content.
- Motivated and eager to develop a long-term career in PR and communications in a global organization
- With some experience handling PR and communications in Europe or globally.
- Feel at ease in a dynamic and fast paced environment and have strong ability to priorities work and multi task.
- Feel at ease working independently as well as a member of a global team.
- Strong organizational skills
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway