Quantitative Climate Risk Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about climate change and creating a more sustainable world? Do you have a passion for quantifying climate risk? Are you interested in statistical, mathematical or econometrical models used in the financial industry? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to apply new analytical techniques to solve quantitative problems especially in the area of climate risk management?
We’re looking for a quantitative climate risk specialist to:
• Develop and maintain models used for risk management and stress testing with particular focus on climate stress testing components of physical and transition risk
•Compile an enterprise-wide view of how financial and non-financial risks are addressed and managed as part of each stress testing framework and capital planning process
• Assist our business division and control function leads in understanding and capturing their key risks
• Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on climate & sustainability supervisory expectations and requirements and their application to a wide variety of clients and financial products
You’ll be working for our Risk Methodology department in Krakow. Closely collaborating with your colleagues of the global Risk Methodology team you employ the latest quantitative techniques to ensure that our risk control models are fit for purpose and meet all regulatory requirements. We also support the organization’s continued understanding and evaluation of its risks.
• Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics); FRM, PRM or CFA certification is a plus; further certification in climate risk is a big plus
• Previous experience/expertise or interest in climate change and sustainability developments within the financial services industry
• Coding skills with statistical modelling software (R or Python)
•experience in stress testing is an additional asset
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and expectations pertaining to climate and sustainability risk is an advantage
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.