Senior Unix/Linux Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We are looking for someone like that to:
• analyse, design, engineer, deploy and maintain global data protection at rest and on the move solutions within UBS
• consult on Data Protection topics for development teams
• work closely with Project Managers, Technical Architects, 2nd level support, and IT Business Analysts
• perform installations on test environments and manage installation orders to production
• provide consultancy to the project team with regards to technical questions
• maintain documentation relevant to operations (operational manual, installation guide, etc.)
Security is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure and Security Engineering. Our services focus on identity management for users, access management for applications and infrastructure, directories, detecting/preventing measures for cyber threats, and exchanging/storing data securely. We provide consolidated and reliable security services that implement secure design principles, and create best-fit solutions.
As an expert in security and internet technologies, you'll be part of our team in Wroclaw and working closely with the internal project team. Team is divided between Zurich, Wroclaw and Herzliya Pituach. We integrate and enable internet facing secure collaboration solutions for encrypted e-mail and secure file exchange. Internally we look after Unix based security technologies such as SSH, or pre-boot authentication - a product on desktops based on Linux.
• at least 3-5 years of systems engineering experience (system design, implementation and packaging)
• advanced experience (RHCE) with RHEL
• great shell scripting skills (Bash, python, etc.)
• fluent in English
• good understanding of web-based solutions architecture concepts as a plus
• experience with encrypted e-mail solutions as a plus
• ability to work in a global team that spans across locations as a plus
• good knowledge on SSH, PKI, and authentication in general as a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.