EY VALITAX determines the appropriate VAT treatment of businesses’ transactions automatically — without human involvement — by applying the pre-embedded tax codes and fully validated VAT logic. As a member of EY VALITAX you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
When you join EY VALITAX, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. Specifically, you will work with a dynamic and cross-functional team to develop EY VALITAX that automates the indirect-tax-determination process, helping clients and EY teams to calculate or validate VAT treatment of each sale and purchase transaction, and allocate the correct tax code.
Your key responsibilities
The PHP developer is accountable for coding the tax engine. You will work closely with other professionals to deliver exceptional software. This position will work closely with more senior members of the team but will also be expected to be an independent worker in some cases.
Skills and attributes for success
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to a broad audience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and duties
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- Good understanding of own strengths and areas for improvement
- Eager to help others and willing to ask for and accept help
- Can either have back-end or front-end focus
- Analytical mindset
- Experience with PHP7.4+
- Excellent knowledge of the OOP paradigms
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply good programming principles - DRY, KISS, SOLID
- Knowledge of some design patterns and why they are useful
- Modern PHP développement - Composer, PSRs etc.
- Experience with Symfony 5+
- Experience with relational databases - MySQL, MariaDB, MSSQL, PostgreSQL etc
- Knowing what DB normalization is and how to apply it
- Version control systems – Git
Ideally, you’ll also have
- *NIX knowledge - feeling comfortable using the terminal
- Docker experience
- Elasticsearch engine
- Some knowledge around web security, different types of attacks and how to prevent them
- Experience with Microsoft Azure hosting and DevOps platforms
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s or associate degree, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with internal teams and clients
- Ability to clearly articulate programming decisions, suggestions and feedback
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Strong self-motivation to learn new programs and skills on the job
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more