Junior Risk Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We’re looking for someone like this to:
- evaluate counterparty credit risk based on analysis of both quantitative and qualitative factors
- interact with counterparties to conduct due diligence and obtain relevant information to complete credit requests
- assess counterparty exposure and evaluate transactional risks associated with various trading activities
- assist the Credit Officers in the portfolio analysis and on-going monitoring of various risk reports
- prepare written counterparty reviews and credit proposals for submission and presentation to the Credit Officers
- Interact with various internal departments (e.g. Onboarding, Legal, Operations)
You will be joining our Credit Risk team in our Business Solutions Center in Krakow. We support and work closely with one or more Credit Officers in London, Zurich, Stamford and APAC covering Managed Funds. Our product focus includes OTC derivatives, securities financing and exchange traded derivatives. Given the size of the portfolio, teamwork is of great importance and you are expected to provide absence coverage for designated colleagues.
- knowledge of credit risk and traded products
- established credit analysis skills and sound credit judgment
- excellent English communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise risk analysis to support your recommendations
- strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as an ability to think critically.
- natural curiosity and ambition to succeed in a fast paced & challenging environment.
- familiar with derivatives and capital markets products and the transactional risks associated with them
- quickly grasping new concepts and able to perform ad hoc analyses
- able to work productively both within a team environment and individually
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.