Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will work within the Alternatives segment of State Street and the Business Technology team with the primary role of supporting the connection of resources and expertise across our business in ways we haven’t before. As the organisation continues to move towards achieving a digital enterprise this role will involve combining data management and access technologies, process improvements and talent to drive innovative products and solutions, eliminate operational defects, strengthen our risk excellence and improve our client service.
The successful candidate will have products and services experience in the fund industry and an ability to understand industry standards and regulatory and reporting requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
- Business SME and Product Owner - Representative of the business who speaks as the “one voice of the customer”
- Support the creation and implementation of AIS product vision and strategy, liaising with Development BA’s and business teams to ensure all business requirements are clearly identified.
- Create, refine and prioritise the backlog of epics and stories for iterations, monitoring and tracking of Application project roadmaps, milestones and deliverables.
- Represent stakeholders, ensuring frequent 2 way feedback for project progress, ensuring prioritization of all high risk issues communicated by business teams.
- Approval of production releases and support of the Business for new functionality deployments, providing user notes where applicable.
- Collaborate with teams to increase resiliency and reduce operational risk by ensuring efficient use of technology and best workflow practice, automating prioritized manual processes and redesigning of controls with increased prevention/detection capabilities where possible.
- Help to enhance the wider Geneva and Data Strategy solutions to offer best in class products and infrastructure services by continuing to optimize the AIS E2E architecture providing a robust GL operating environment and comprehensive Unified Data Architecture.
- Work with the team to help simplify the end-to-end operating model and increase productivity, execute core upstream process changes to help drive efficiency and reduce cost-to-serve in middle and back office; focusing on end-to-end design for development and execution planned for 2022/23
- Work with other Product Owners to increase level of collaboration with business across Alternatives and the firm, in support of Hedge Strategy, IS, Alpha, FOHF, Private Markets, AIS Liquid Alternatives and Digital Assets growth and retention strategies
What we value:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to act as a role model for the company.
- Demonstrated commitment, reliability and performance.
- Proven track record in contributing towards application of company internal controls and policies
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Competent with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent accounting qualification and work experience with a focus in a related field is preferred
- Four years + financial services experience with preferably two of those in hedge funds, or existing Officers seeking a new challenge at State Street, or equivalent
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Golden medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.