Who are we looking for
A talented and self-driven individual able to develop VBA macros for MS Office applications, as well as oversee a variety of automation initiatives. The individual will work closely with the business teams within the Middle Office department to ensure that the solutions developed meet the business requirements, as well as follow the development and security standards..
Why is this role is important to us?
The team you will be joining is within the Poland Middle Office Tower in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street Global Delivery, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E (End to End) clients is a challenge you are up for.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Your new role
As an Automation Specialist (VBA Developer) - Middle Office AIS, Senior Associate you will:
Automate manual processes for Middle Office department utilizing VBA and other technologies (Xceptor, Python).
Interact with Middle Office teams to perform project analysis and to establish requirements and timelines.
Track and evaluate project requests and initiatives submitted by the business teams.
Ensure development efforts in conjunction with core State Street goals.
Maintain a department-wide macro inventory and provide operating support for the existing VBA macros.
Perform maintenance of the existing code base and solutions.
Oversee promotion steps for all automation projects (development - testing – production.
Engage the existing development resources to apply the best practices and programming standards.
Continually review and redefine the development process.
Prepare project documentation according to the agreed standards.
Provide regular status reporting to the project leads and management.
Track, manage and escalate issues and risk items.
Ensure projects are delivered on time.
Conduct ad-hoc reporting and administration tasks as required.
What we value
Skills and competencies
Fluent spoken and written English.
Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated excellence in time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently, but as part of a team towards common goals.
Ability to effectively communicate and conduct independent research where required.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- BA (required), MA (a plus), preferably in Finance, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- At least 2 years' experience of concentrated use of Microsoft Office products.
- At least 1 year of experience in VBA macro development.
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient knowledge of VBA programming language and the MS Office applications object model.
- Knowledge of Python and/or SQL would be an additional asset.
- Experience in financial services would be an additional asset.
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway