Senior Systems Engineer
Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and its own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.9 billion USD in 2021. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated System Engineer to provide technical leadership and expertise supporting and advancing Amway’s global on-premises and multi-cloud infrastructure.
The Platform Engineering team plays an integral role supporting the Business and Application teams building solutions for our customers and colleagues across the globe. You will be joining a multicultural team of Systems Engineers tasked with driving transformative changes across our global infrastructure. Amway’s technology footprint spans 11 major data centers, various server rooms and co-location facilities, and all major cloud providers. You will be reporting to our Manager of Platform Engineering.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be asked to do the following:
- Provide design and architectural guidance to Business and Application teams building new solutions, with an emphasis on building the right way in the right location.
- Identify and introduce new infrastructure and capabilities to advance Amway’s technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and enhance our global infrastructure footprint.
- Plan, organize, and oversee the activities of our vendor partners
What you’ll need:
- 5-6 years of IT experience, with experience designing and supporting large enterprise infrastructure environments.
- 3+ years experience providing technical solutions leveraging cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Must have significant knowledge of VMware solutions, including vSphere, vSAN, vRealize Operations, VMware Cloud. vRealize Automation knowledge would be a plus.
- Must have experience with the server, storage, and backup technologies.
- Demonstrated automation skills preferably in Python and/or Powershell. Good scripting experience with at least two of the following: Shell, Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of leading and supporting technical or business projects independently.
- Strong background in translating business requirements into cost-effective and scalable solutions.
- Able to make decisions on his/her own based on knowledge and experience.
- Flexible, service-oriented, well-motivated team player.
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Hybrid Work model & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Additional two days off per year for voluntary activities of your choice
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external trainings: professional certifications, access to e-learning platform
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.