Accounting Controllers are an integral part of the Global Entities Accounting Team, reporting to the CRM. They provide support in managing all statutory and regulatory accounting requirements for the operations of the global entities in their area of responsibility.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Accounting Controllers (Global Entities) provide financial input to EY’s Leaders
- Should have excellent knowledge of the key controlling processes including audit support, accounting, corporate finance, tracking budget and expenses and analysing data
- Produce and analyse financial statements, including commentary suitable for use at board level
- Produce and communicate concise and clear financial information for use in decision making
- Review, understand and explain variances in management packs
- Own and proactively manage the balance sheet working across the team to make sure the balance sheet is accurate
- Work with the General Ledger team to ensure correct processing of transactions and deliver accurate and timely month end / year end accounting closes
- Perform critical account reconciliations, generate financial statement for management and statutory purposes
- Work across the team to ensure that group transactions are reflected accurately in each entity’s financials
- Work across multiple functions and geographies to ensure compliance with relevant tax and regulatory requirements
- Primary contact for the external audit team to ensure that audit queries are dealt with appropriately
- Regularly assess the financial controls in the processes & suggest best practices to design stronger controls where necessary.
- Ensure that financial transactions are booked in compliance with EYs accounting policies
- Support on Partner related matters
- Support ad-hoc projects
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Production of key management information and analysis to be used by leadership in the decision-making process
- Forecast and track deviation to expected results. Explain variances.
- Guide others on priorities and ensure that team goals are met
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of Controllership processes, developing standards, audit, accounting, corporate finance, developing budgets, tracking budget expenses, analyzing information, performance management
- High proficiency in managing full local statutory compliance process for selected country / region
- Prior hands-on experience with consolidations inside a complex legal entity structure with foreign subsidiaries
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels of financial reporting
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple priorities to defined timelines
- Ability to team effectively with people at all levels of the organisation to deliver consistently high-quality work
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
- Highly motivated professional with a strong personal and professional ethic, integrity and commitment to excellence
- Must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative in situations where thought leadership is either absent or unclear
- Open minded and culturally sensitive; well-structured and self-driven work approach; innovation driven
Understanding of the business
- Understands NextWave strategy and applies constantly to analyse and advise on financial performance
- Knowledgeable of EY capabilities and services
- Provide leadership across the team to ensure key deliverables are met on time and to the required quality
- Will provide direction and counselling to junior team members helping them develop the skills and knowledge required for both delivery of the team’s objectives and their own career enhancement
Graduate and/or professional certification in a business-related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance) is required to perform this position.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Finance, Accounting or Controlling
- Experience in or knowledge of accounting within a professional services environment, including compliance and reporting
- Strong experience with creating and analyzing financial statements
- Strong experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- CA/ CPA or other professional certification is helpful.
Due to the nature of the global team, the role requires effective remote working and flexibility to support clients spread across the globe. Must be able to support the applicable time zone, though not necessarily be based in the same time zone.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more