Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions –the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant.
So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
You are responsible for
- Driving and optimizing Market Procurement Spend & Savings in the category of Healthcare Informatics/IT for customer (hospital) projects. As such being accountable for Total Cost of Ownership including supplier selection, consolidation, negotiation, performance and contract management in EMEA with a Focus on DACH
- Management of different IT procurement projects (eg. creation and deployment of a standard IT catalog) for EMEA and work together with cross-functional teams to execution and deploy
- Perform active stakeholder and project management towards Sales and Business Manager in the EMEA Markets in alignment with global Procurement
- Identifying supplier capabilities, performance and technologies by conducting competitive assessments and benchmark of existing and potential suppliers.
- Initiate and discuss saving opportunities with market organizations, supplier and global procurement team, create a clear savings plan including review cycles and status reports.
- Ensure related risks are controlled and mitigated including quality and regulatory compliancy for all new supplier deployment as relevant.
- Regional Scope will be EMEA with main focus on EMEA East (eg. DACH)
You are a part of
An exciting global procurement team consisting out of market procurement manager (MPMs) and global Supplier Account Managers (SAMs), continuously interfacing with innovative technologies and companies.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-6 years knowledge and experience in procurement with preference to PC hardware and Software related products (incl. Networking & Peripherals)
- Good understanding of technology and supply base for both the PC hardware and Software Category
- Solid stakeholder and project management skills to drive and deploy market procurement related strategic objectives from end to end
- Comfortable with working in a global matrix organization
- Fluent English is a must (both verbal and written)
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
How we work at Philips?
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.