Risk and Control Specialist - Control Assurance
Process, project and program management
Job Reference #
• Conduct assessments for controls and minimum enterprise requirements
• Proactively identify control failures within the environment and clearly communicate them in a concise and action oriented style
• Communicate areas of improvement clearly and succinctly across all levels in the organization
• Analyze and assess technology infrastructure, applications, middleware and business processes for control compliance and residual risk
• Use qualitative and quantitative data analysis to support control automation within CDIO
• Contribute to initiatives designed to optimize our risk management processes to achieve risk focused and efficient control identification, assessment and execution
You’ll be working in a Technology & Operations Risk Management team in Poland with global reach and responsibilities, including:
• Drive key risk management processes which supports the assessment of the effectiveness of the CDIO control environment
• Trusted solution oriented developing and operating CDIO wide control assessment and compliance processes including secure by design software development.
• Trusted advisors on policy, controls and risk management
• Innovative thought leaders in control automation and risk management process optimization
• Build trusted relationships with business partners to identify and understand risk related issues
• assist with monitoring and assessment of the respective risk management and control framework, review control function outcomes and audits
• Engages with both functionally-aligned technology risk stakeholders, infrastructure, software development and operations teams
• Establish and maintain an effective culture of risk management
• Support internal and external audit activities
• Drives and oversees risk remediation across technology and operations area
• Undertake control assurance activities
• University degree or equivalent, ideally in computer science or information technology or related engineering discipline
• Broad knowledge of infrastructure and application security and control requirements
• Previous experience in IT audit, IT risk or risk assessments, with good data analytical skills
• Deliver robust and scalable control and risk management solutions on time
• Proven ability to investigate control and security related issues
• Demonstrate methodical, concise and accurate reporting skills, with strong attention to detail
• Have excellent communication skills and able to articulate complex requirements in simple terms
• Proven ability to deal with senior level stakeholders, and possess good negotiating and influencing skills
• Experienced in supporting colleagues and their delivery
• Experience in data analytics and processing tools such as Excel, knowledge of tableau, Alteryx, SQL and Python
• Work seamlessly in a global and cross functional collaborative setting
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.