C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk Controller
Job Reference #
Are you ready to work in the second line of defence for a top international financial institution? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, and balance effectively between a trusted advisor role and an independent challenger?
In the Cyber & Technology Risk Control team at UBS you’ll be responsible for ensuring that CDIO Group Technology manages risk within defined risk appetite thresholds. Serving as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor, Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialists are integrated into multiple dimensions of first line risk-taking activities. As a member of the Cyber & Technology Risk Control team partnering with the CDIO Group Technology Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate teams your role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superb integrative thinking across all facets of cyber and technology risk, and a desire to help the enterprise properly manage these risks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• providing challenge to the First Line of Defense’s risk-taking and risk assessments, as well as, working with the CDIO Group Technology Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate teams to review risks associated with cyber and technology risk providing guidance and challenge on assessments and controls
• being the cyber and technology risk taxonomy specialist to support and challenge CDIO Group Technology Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate teams and aligned Business Risk Management teams as part of the regular Risk Appetite Assessments (RAA) and Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) processes as appropriate
• partnering with the business aligned C&ORC Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate teams to provide support on cyber and technology risks
• performing risk assessments, thematic reviews, look across reviews and deep dives
• providing review and challenge to the business on projects, new initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, incidents, controls, and/or monitoring
• influencing executives within CDIO Group Technology on key cyber and technology risks and actions required to manage risk
• as needed, developing ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations, control testing, and driving specific risk initiatives
• representing C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk, and escalating cyber and technology risk issues/concerns, in the relevant forums including Technology Risk and Management Committees
You'll work in the C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk team in Krakow (Fabryczna Office) reporting to the Lead Cyber & Technology Risk Controller for Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate. This is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for controlling the cyber and technology risks arising from UBS' business in Global Wealth Management and Personal and Corporate Banking.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, etc. (or comparable), advanced degree (MBA, MA) is a plus
• professional Certifications e.g. CIA, CRMA, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CET, CCSP would be preferred
• experience in ITIL, ISO 27001, ISO 31000 would be a plus
• minimum of 5-7 years of prior Technology related operational risk and internal audit or compliance experience within a financial institution or at a regulatory agency or Big 4 audit and consulting firm
• strong understanding of IT software development and related SDLC processes, emerging technologies and Cyber & information security threats and risks, Cloud concepts, artificial intelligence, DLT etc.
• successful experience of leadership, both in terms of people as well as projects and initiatives
• strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, deep risk management & -control knowledge, as well as good organizational, communication and influencing skills
• structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach with the ability to form defensible conclusions
• someone with strong and sound judgement and able to articulate views, assessments and approaches both verbally and in writing precisely, concisely, logically and accurately including with visuals where required
• able to present to and respond effectively to senior stakeholders
• team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
• able to be flexible and capable of prioritizing based on changing internal or external demands
• experienced in handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.