Principal Java Developer (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for Java engineer to join Principal Flow Trading stream which develop front office sales and trading app on Neo* platform.
We are looking for someone who can:
– be a part of a scrum team working on delivering business value through software
– implement and deliver high quality software solutions
– design, build and maintain efficient reusable code
– provide technical directions and system architecture
*UBS Neo is high-end microservice platform hosting sales, trading and client facing applications
within the Bank. Using most recent state of art technologies (React, Redux, Saga, .NET, HTML 5, Java, Spring Boot) and solutions allowing efficient development and automatic scalable deployment.
You’ll be working in the global Rates & Credit Client and Trading Technology team. We are a fast paced, delivery focused team, present in 3 countries covering US, Europe and Asia Pacific markets. Our job is to create and deliver innovative solutions for business problems whilst maintaining a complex and multifaceted platform.
– Experience with building full stack applications using an IOC framework such as Spring and React
– Expertise in Java 8 with knowledge of low-level parts of API like collections, multi-threading, Java concurrency utilities, IO/NIO and Sockets.
– Experience with RESTful web services and messaging systems.
– Sound knowledge of design patterns. Exposure to functional programming is also highly desirable
– Knowledge of the Java memory model and garbage collection principles
– Knowledge of Java unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito / Cucumber etc).
– Experience in automated testing and continuous integration.
– Knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
Nice to have:
– Hands on experience on ELK, event streaming platforms like kafka / spark are highly desirable.
– Knowledge of containerization of applications like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
– Experience with WebSockets, Azure cloud onboarding
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.