Audio Communications Product Owner
Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Do you understand monitoring and surveillance controls that address specific risk topics across different businesses and locations? Do you have an aptitude for ensuring control design is robust and controls are developed to increase efficiency and effectiveness?
We’re looking for a Product Owner like you to join our Compliance Monitoring, Surveillance & Controls (MS&C) team to:
• take responsibility for front-to-back oversight of design and execution of the control framework for our Global AComms monitoring program
• participate in industry forums, manage vendor relationships and actively monitor technology progress to assess potential advantages of emerging innovation and ensure our existing platforms remain fit for purpose through continuous improvement
• build and maintain collaborative relationships with partners in Regional MS&C, 1LOD, Business Aligned Compliance and GIA teams to ensure we have effective stakeholder engagement in the co-design of MS&C aComms controls
• utilize these relationships to proactively highlight new/emerging risks, regulatory change or other issues potentially impacting control design
• act as conduit into MS&C for Risk Taxonomy Owners to ensure their risks are monitored adequately
• provide impactful information and insight to MS&C Divisional leads and our businesses
• ensure reporting is integrated in the broader Non-Financial Risk picture and escalate findings on a timely basis
• maintain product roadmaps to capture current and target state including risk-based articulation of benefit statements
• manage the agile prioritization and delivery of the aComms product backlog working with IT and other business partners
• manage CtB budget requests and work with IT and GCRG Chief Data Officer to deliver on commitments
• act as an agent of change including control framework amendments, automation and process excellence, leveraging central MS&C technical capabilities as well as IT and Models & Methodologies (M&M) for in-house development of tooling and models
• manage the relationship with M&M Model Operations to ensure that models are deployed in a controlled manner and enhancements to the models are made to ensure that they remain relevant and improve the output
You will be part of our Compliance MS&C team and be based in London or Krakow. We are a team of compliance monitoring and surveillance subject matter experts responsible for the design of monitoring controls and ownership of centralised global monitoring programs, working closely with our regional MS&C teams who are primarily responsible for the execution of monitoring controls across regions. We also work closely alongside other stakeholders within GCRG, Group Technology and the 1st and 3rd lines of defence
• subject matter expertise in compliance monitoring and surveillance, preferably with prior experience working in a Compliance or Business Risk Management function in a wealth management or similar financial institution
• project and change management experience with a good understanding of Agile principles and a track record of delivering projects on schedule that improve processes and crystallise efficiencies
• a proven ability to communicate well with effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, manage different stakeholders and build relationships
• product management knowledge, with experience of managing a product roadmap and prioritizing competing future development requirements
• working knowledge of digital audio communication capture and retrieval standards within financial services would be highly desirable
• an interest in AI techniques applicable to communication transcription and inference
• fluent in English to support our global function
• working knowledge of industry standard principles of data and model risk management
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.