Group Treasury – Modelling Analyst
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy solving problems and interested in banking and financial markets? Are you keen on working with stakeholders across the globe who continuously need to drive for innovation in these fast changing times? Do you appreciate being able to work flexibly and are you ready for the challenge of working in agile ways?
Join us in leading the way for our next generation of Liquidity and Funding models at UBS by:
– collaborating with our partners in the business divisions in procuring, analyzing and understanding structured data to build new empirical models and refine our existing model assumptions;
– help lead the development and implementation of new model approaches & calibrations utilizing traditional as well as advanced data analytics techniques;
– maintaining our models across their lifecycles;
– advising our change and implementation teams on integrating new models and calibrations into production as well as supporting and designing controls to help monitor our model performance.
You’ll be working in our Liquidity and Funding Modelling team. We’re responsible for the design and development of UBS’ regulatory and internal liquidity and funding risk models. We’re passionate about technology and continuously looking to drive change.
Our models are used to determine the funding and liquidity needs for UBS Group, its regions and key entities globally, and even drive the funding costs to the respective businesses. This set of global stakeholders offer the perfect platform for any individual to gain a broad view of our diverse organization.
– basic knowledge of financial markets and banking;
– strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical or quantitative topics clearly and simply;
– analytical skills, with an interest to solve for practical problems;
– experience in treasury related projects or functions as well as a degree in, mathematics, statistics, empirical economics, quantitative finance, natural sciences or a related quantitative discipline are a plus.
– proficient basic MS Office applications and traditional database accesses (e.g. SQL for Oracle);
– basic understanding in one or more programming syntaxes such as Python (PySpark), R or Scala;
– able to work under pressure and find pragmatic solutions when confronted with incomplete data;
– team-orientated and welcome working with a diverse set of stakeholders;
– fluent in English, oral and written.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.