Senior Cyber and Information Security Technical Risk Assessor
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a strong technical background? Do you have proven knowledge in the area of Cyber and Information Security? Do you have knowledge of Technology Risk Management?
We’re looking for a Senior Cyber and Information Security Technical Risk Assessor to join the Risk and Oversight team within the Cyber and Information Security Services organization led by the Group Chief Information Security Officer to:
• Perform independently high-quality and high-integrity Cyber and Information Security technical risk assessments, root cause analysis and risk investigations on IT and Cloud architectures, infrastructures, platforms, applications, technology stacks and business projects, based on current cyber threats landscape and emerging risks.
• Perform deep dives and thematic reviews into bank’s Cyber and Information Security capabilities and services, drawing conclusions on the overall risk posture of a specific security vertical.
• Proactively and constructively challenge the status quo identifying Cyber and Information Security operational risks, proposing realistic remediation or improvement solutions while understanding potential tradeoffs and minimizing risks, always having an attacker perspective in mind.
• Be the trusted technical partner in Cyber and Information Security for senior stakeholders in a highly federated environment, being the advocate of the security risk culture.
• Streamline and standardize the technical risk assessment process by facilitating reusability of information and knowledge accumulated over time in the team, thus being able to produce risk assessments quickly, in a fast pace environment.
• Be open in learning data analytics techniques and manage data sets to integrate objective data analytics insights into the risk assessment process to produce high quality deliverables.
You’ll be joining the Risk and Oversight team within the Cyber and Information Security Services organization led by the Group Chief Information Security Officer. You’ll be working with team members located across the globe, while reporting into the Head of Cyber Security Risk Assessments based in Zurich, and will work on a range of topics related to Cyber and Information Security and technical risk management. Cyber and Information Security Services is the single point of contact and recognized subject matter expert for all matters related to Cyber and Information Security in the bank.
Substantial experience in technical risk management in Cyber and Information Security, with a focus on technologies and digital aspects, particularly:
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Security or related discipline.
• Strong and broad knowledge in multiple areas like network security, database security, cloud security, application security, infrastructure and system hardening, security architectures, technical security controls implementation and ability to judge effectiveness of security control implementation against threats and risk scenarios.
• Strong technical expertise in one or more areas among Data Protection, Identity and Access Management and Cyber Security.
• Strong technical knowledge and passion for enabling technologies and processes to operate securely (e.g. new technology products and business initiatives, Cloud, Secure Software Development Lifecycle, DevOps).
• Strong knowledge of both Information and Cyber Security risk management and control frameworks (e.g. ISO27001, NIST CSF) and operational threat management frameworks (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK)
• Exposure to technology and Information and Cyber Security regulatory requirements balancing compliance with pragmatic risk management skills.
• Very welcome candidates with experience in offensive security, secure application development and testing or operational security role with the desire of shifting toward technical risk management role, while maintaining technical skills and knowledge of security technologies as the core of their expertise.
• Welcomed industry recognized certifications like CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, OSCP, SANS etc.
• Preferred understanding of the financial industry and especially of control and business enabling functions (e.g. Technology Risk, Operations, etc.).
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills mixed with a structured but pragmatic attitude.
• Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative in order to organize, manage and complete projects and deliverables within tight deadlines.
• Persuasive oral and effective written presentation and reporting skills. Please note that risk assessment reports writing is an integral part of the role.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.