Senior Tech Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• serve as the Tech Site Reliability Engineer within Hosting Services (HS) team
• face off to senior Operations, Development, Infrastructure staff as well as 3rd party support vendor and work to forge solid relationships with these teams
• challenge the status quo and work to find opportunities to automate.
• Be comfortable working in regional / global support teams
• Work on different initiatives like e Huddle ,digitization and ready to learn new technologies.
• assist with work driver and alert reduction efforts across the application portfolio
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Investment Banking Operations team called Hosting Services (HS) Application Support. The Hosting Services (HS) Application Support covers both front-office and back-office functions. The HS is chartered with ensuring stability of the production environment and is the gatekeeper that ensures that only properly tested and planned changes are implemented. Globally, the team is split into three groups; 1) the Level 2 Application Support group and 2) the Service Transition Team that provides Change and Release planning deployment, and post implementation verification.3) Automation Team
HS IB Operations is a global team providing 24 * 5.5 support located in Tokyo,India, Singapore and US. They support highly critical back office functions such as settlement and confirmations, regulatory reporting, collateral valuations for various products within Investment Banking portfolio.
• Hands on knowledge of Automation tools in a support environment.
• 10+ years with an Investment Bank or financial institution working for a Level 2 support team
• Detailed knowledge of Securities settlement applications and relevant technologies
• AppD/ Splunk/ Python/ Shell scripting
• solid experience of Dev Ops methodology
Process and Soft Skills
• a natural ability to solve complex issues and lead complex technical projects
• solid stakeholder management and relationship skills
• a continuous improvement mindset with proven success in this area
• a confident communicator that can explain complex technical issues to non-technical and senior stakeholder audiences
• a proven incident & crisis manager with the ability to perform under pressure
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.