- Prepare high quality sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Schedule of Investments, Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles
- Prepare audit documentation. Act as immediate point of contact to internal client on specialized audits or reviews if necessary. Provide assistance and support during financial statements audits and internal control reviews.
- Maintain a strong financial control infrastructure by preparing comprehensive Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reconciliations on a monthly basis. Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all the issues identified within a trial balance.
- Work to tight deadlines in order to finalize client deliverables
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them
- Perform other ad hoc tasks delegated by a supervisor
- Constantly improve knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and investment funds sector
- Participate in projects impacting the wider group where possible
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by senior fund accountants and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Ensure all the knowledge and process gaps are communicated to the team supervisor and suggest process improvements.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Work with Senior Fund Accountant / Team Supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Provide on the job coaching for less experienced staff
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
- FSA Regulations
- Accounting Standards (including, but not limited to UK SORP and IFRS)
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Excellent English.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Have a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Level Of Education:
Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
- Experience within the funds industry would be a distinct advantage