Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
• be a member of a Scrum team
• deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
• devise high level technical architecture for the epics
• develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
• review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a Collateral Management and Reporting system in Group Operations IT. The system is used for the calculation of margin of OTC Derivative, Repo, Financing and FX products. It is a cross-product system that assimilates data from across the bank, representing over half of the banks traded products. Members of this team work closely with Global Collateral Management, as well as traders from all business areas, trade support and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation margin management system.
Your experience and skills :
• Minimum 3 years developing software utilizing Java
• Minimum 1 year developing software utilizing Spring framework
• Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
• Detailed understanding of core Java concepts
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
• Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies, and databases
• Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
• Experience in the financial industry is a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.