Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• provide technical leadership for a team of developers delivering software end-to-end
• analyze business requirements, design, and implement solutions on our ticket management stack
• work as part of an agile scrum development team and collaborate with other IT teams globally
• perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
• migrate applications to new technologies and into the cloud
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Workbench team in Krakow. The Workbench Team is responsible for a BPMN workflow ticket management system integrated with multiple systems in UBS. The system is built on top of the Activiti BPMN engine using Java 8, Spring 5, Drools and Tomcat. The user interface is being migrated to React JS
• strong Java development skills with excellent design and problem-solving skills as well the ability to analyse code to identify performance bottlenecks
• knowledge of modern Java and Spring. Experience with Hibernate and RDBMS.
• large-scale enterprise design experience and developing scalable applications.
• experience with automated testing at all levels
• experience working with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from working with stakeholders to refine requirements to deploying and supporting software in production
• experience working with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• Experience with data streaming, including Flink as well as with Elasticsearch and K8S/AKS will be a plus
• imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test-driven development
• able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
• curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.