Software Engineer Mainframe & Java
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to join a team that blazes a trail for technology modernisation in banking? Do you aspire to work with colleagues who productionise microservice architecture concepts into enterprise scale solutions? Can you drive modernization and reshape traditional platforms and systems?
Our team is undertaking an ambitious programme of wholesale platform renewal & product evolution underpinned by genuine digitalisation. We are looking for a talented software engineer versed in Cobol delivery and mainframe architecture concepts and passionate to evolve their knowledge of objected-oriented programme languages like Java and Kotlin.
If you are motivated to build our next generation Post-Trade & Custody ecosystem based on services and integration in modern, programming paradigms we look forward to receiving your application.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues from globally diverse backgrounds and skillsets coming together to solve challenging problems as a team. The position is within our Trade and Transfer Assets stream closely collaborating with the part of Agile delivery units distributed across the globe. Our teams design, deliver and operate state-of-the-art financial systems that offer best-in-class services to the bank’s clients.
Our development pods work across a multitude of development languages working together in a model of coexistence whilst we transform, modernize and evolve our post-trade service platform.
We are genuine believers that diversity brings more varied experience, expertise, and working methods to improve the way we engineer and deliver solutions.
Demonstrating a track record as mainframe tech lead with many years of experience in development, maintenance and production support using Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) such as Agile & Scrum you will be able to walk us through your professional achievements and skills:
• Technical knowledge of z/OS & z/Abacus programming in COBOL, DB2, CICS and SQL
• Basic knowledge of Java (EE) or experience in Kotlin
• Solid understanding of JCL and IBM Debugger
• Experience in test driven development, continuous integration & deployment
• Good knowledge of state-of-the-art CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tools
• Excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with other teams
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• A flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward independently adopting principles such as servant leadership
• Hands-on experience in GitLab-facilitated software delivery
Your profile may also show the above and beyond elements such as:
• Test Automation skills specifically in Cucumber
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization
• Track record as engineer working in a globally distributed team
• On-the-job examples of working in a fast-paced Agile environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.