Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about shaping the future of banking? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment using emerging technology to create differentiated solutions to business problems?
We are looking for a Tech Architect who can work within the UBS Next team and with innovation stakeholders across UBS Group to:
• Perform applied research to generate opinions about the longer-term impact of emerging technologies and trends on UBS and our Clients
• Collaborate with business leads and internal entrepreneurial teams to provide technical and solution architecture advice in pursuit of validating new business opportunities
• Contribute to the technology evaluation of third-party vendor products as part of venture capital investment activities and evaluation of new opportunities
• Mentor internal entrepreneur teams on designing approaches to evaluate new business opportunities
• Remain current on technology developments through interaction with internal and external experts and industry groups/consortia
• Liaise with academia and other industry as well as start-ups to identify new technology solutions, assets their suitability and collaboration opportunities
• Own and support a set of technology capabilities used by internal entrepreneurs in their innovation activities
• Provide educational briefings to clients, senior stakeholders and other technologists within UBS
Due to the diverse and cross-divisional nature of the team’s activities, you will have the opportunity to build a broad network of relationships that will serve as the basis for a successful career at UBS.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
UBS Next is the venture and innovation unit of UBS group. We play an active role in securing the future of UBS and our clients.
We conduct applied research and exploration in the latest business models & emerging technology shaping the future of finance. UBS Next continuously connects with the wider ecosystem of game-changers in this space. We make strategic investments in fintech and tech companies through our VC investment arm and execute innovation projects in our incubator. We aim to move at startup-speed within a regulated bank.
You will be part of an enthusiastic, agile and global team that is committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in order to strengthen our firm and bring value to our clients.
• minimum 10 years’ experience across a wide range of disciplines including solution architecture, product management and knowledge of various coding languages
• good knowledge of common enterprise development, collaboration and communications tools and practices such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint, GitLab, ARM templates, Terraform, DevOps etc.
• ability to provide detailed consultative guidance across a broad range of emerging technology topics such as AR/VR, IoT, distributed ledgers and quantum computing and their application to solve business problems
• strong communication skills and ability to deliver consultative-style guidance
• fluent in English, other languages a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.