Business Analyst, United Kingdom & Jersey Change
Process, project and program management
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Do you have a curious nature, and are always interested in finding ways to make things better? Do you know how to solve problems and manage projects efficiently? We are looking for someone who can help us to design, review, improve and implement new solutions and processes for the Europe Domestic Wealth Management business.
• gather and challenge business requirements in cooperation with internal stakeholders
• serve as an interface between business and technical teams to analyze and document business requirements and processes
• survey, analyze and evaluate existing and new processes, products, models and services
• work with Functional Architects and other Business Analysts to ensure solutions are fit for purpose
• support and coordinate the delivery of IT and business process changes
• provide status updates to stakeholders on various management meetings
• assist IT and business in defining test cases and acceptance criteria
• support and follow-up investigation of questions, issues, and defects
• manage relationship with UBS internal stakeholders
You will be located in Wroclaw or Krakow (remote working is possible) and part of a European Change Management Team supporting UK / Jersey locations. Together with this team you will deliver high quality services for COO Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Europe, supporting management of the portfolio and projects, resources, budget and in a structured and transparent way, making use of planning tools and methodologies, cooperating with stakeholders across Europe. You will focus on delivering critical business projects which may be regulatory, risk related, strategic or discretionary.
• ideally 3+ years of experience working in a similar role, preferably in the banking industry
• strong analytical background, attention to detail along with structured organization and planning skills (you know how to figure things out)
• familiarity with project development/project management approaches
• excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize identify problems and seek solutions
• good stakeholder management and presentation skills
• a degree in business administration, banking and finance, or economics is an advantage
• fluency in English both written and spoken, other languages are a plus
- Business Analysis Certifications (CBAP/CCBA) are an advantage
• an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
• a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
• adaptable, able to work across teams and functions also under pressure and to manage and deliver to deadlines
• known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.