Senior Developer - Java
Poland, United Kingdom
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for a Java Tech Engineer to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements for the Execution Technology business.
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Execution Technology, as part of the Technology division in Krakow (Poland) / London (UK). Your focus will be Execution Hub solution which is a new project lunching on PRODUCTION in December 2021. From business point of view we support trading process for all markets and customers across the globe. We provide excellent career opportunities and exposure to work in the latest technologies.
You will play an important role in designing, developing, and building Enterprise Systems components in Java on the Linux platform. Your role will be based in our Krakow (Poland) / London (UK) location.
• four year bachelor's degree or the international equivalent in computer science ,engineering, math or a related field, a Master’s degree or equivalent with a focus in building Enterprise Systems a plus
• ideally 8+ year's experience as a software engineer/developer focused on developing code in Java using Spring Boot
• know-how to apply standards, methods and templates as defined by our SDLC
• experience producing secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• experience designing, planning and delivering solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• ability to multitask across multiple technical projects, interact with business and client support
• able to work independently and in partnership with minimum supervision
• experience delivering production quality code
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.