Indirect Tax Advisor
Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.9 billion USD in 2021. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the role:
Assist Manager Global Indirect Tax in providing VAT support for Amway’s worldwide operations. Acts as key contact for European and South Africa (including Ukraine) VAT matters for the Krakow Finance Team (e.g. Business Controller Group, R2R, etc.) by providing strong VAT support. Supports and reviews the monthly and annual VAT returns and statistical reporting. Coordinates regularly with the local outside service providers and monitors, compliance status, changes in tax regulations in Europe and South Africa (including Ukraine), and considers the impact on the Amway business, processes and systems.
What you’ll do:
- Review monthly VAT Returns and work closely with the Manager Global Indirect Tax and the local outside Service Provider to correct and adjust any misstatements on the returns and provide technical support to internal team.
- Ensure timely filing of returns, and timely payment of taxes
- Primary contact to outside service provider responsible for the VAT returns.
- Primary contact to the Amway business like Sales, Marketing and other areas on (VAT) filings.
VAT in general
- Proactively evaluation and solving potential tax risks as well as opportunities regarding respective tax issues in Europe and South Africa (including Ukraine and Turkey).
- Provision of advice on value added tax to the organization as well as ensuring the organization to be up to date on changes in tax legislations.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as manage Tax Authorities audit queries in Europe and South Africa (including Ukraine) as required.
- Supports the VAT Manager on queries, reporting, ad-hoc projects and in managing and monitoring internal controls for the VAT processes.
- For VAT, works closely with Finance team to ensure timely responding to tax questions raised by the tax authority or the local outside Service Provider.
- Provides reports team explaining complex Tax/VAT data to the European Leadership Team.
- Identifying the need of optimization and standardization of internal processes as well as driving for changes.
- Be a subject matter expert in the indirect tax area and prepare as well as perform the training regarding VAT matters to equip staff with skills needed to meet defined standards of excellence. This means create the course material and deliver training sessions to the business (Finance and other teams).
- Provide reporting to management/senior management on issues and projects.
- Where appropriate liaise with external VAT specialists for highly complex and international issues
Other indirect taxes:
- Support the Tax Manager in the area of other indirect taxes like duties.
- Support and be the partner from the indirect tax area to the Global Manager Tax Technology in the e-requirements projects as well in the Roadmap project.
What you’ll need:
- Very good VAT knowledge and experience in respect of transactions in Europe and South Africa (including Ukraine).
- Bachelor or master in tax law or similar tax advisor certificate/degree.
- Ability to work independently.
- Very good knowledge in Accounting or with equivalent accounting experience.
- At least 3 years tax experience. Experience from a tax consulting firm and ideally from a multinational company.
- Fluency in the English language (written and verbal) and preferably grasp of Polish language (written and verbal).
- Experience with ERP systems (ideally Oracle).
- Strong computer technical skills - MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.
- Communicates information clearly and concisely.
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Hybrid Work model & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Additional two days off per year for voluntary activities of your choice
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external trainings: professional certifications, access to e-learning platform
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.