Database Service Architecture Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert when it comes to database management systems and their integration into the surrounding eco-system? Do you have a track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners? Do you have proven ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?
We’re looking for a Platform Architect to:
• Oversee and steer DB product and service positioning and corresponding rolling 3-year roadmaps.
• Implement governance over the Database Service solutions to ensure compliance with control obligations and optimal operational efficiency
• Drive the adoption of new technology, tools and methodology across the Database team in line with our UBS, Technical Service and Hosting Services principles and goals
• Be a key strategy advisor to Head of Database Services
• Provide intelligence on technology themes and trends
• Provide understanding of new technologies, application to business capabilities, position on maturity curve, adoption considerations, barriers to entry
• Provide intelligence on portfolio maturity / material gaps / remediation required
• Deliver Database product positioning based on industry trends, consumer demand, product / service provider maturities
• Work closely with Product teams to influence roadmaps and service offerings
• Ensure that product teams have a 3-year view on product lifecycle and that all products are managed from start to end of life including delivery of migration capabilities to, either new product or new version of product
• Implement Solution Architecture Oversight
• Periodic reviews of solution maturity against changing control requirements, changes in the UBS eco-system, or based on consumer feature demand
• Deliver Gap analysis and give direction to engineering teams on gap remediation / new feature implementation approaches
• Work closely with Engineering and SRE resources to review priority of portfolio of work and ensure alignment to strategic and funded goals
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Database Services team in Poland. We provide managed database offerings comprised of: Product engineering, maintenance and operations for Oracle, SQL, Postgres and Sybase on premises and in Azure. Our services are consumed by AppDev teams across all lines of business, globally.
As a Platform Architect you’ll play an important role to accelerate the digital journey of the bank by designing and optimizing a resilient, elastic and secure database platform where services are offered in a consistent and standardized manner aligning to cloud first strategy and customer centric principles.
• Ideally 7+ years of hands-on experience with database management systems and strong understanding of how developers will consume the offerings
• Track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners
• New technology introduction including process and workflow optimization, new product PoC Management, technology integration and solution design including operating model definition / optimization
• Experience of cloud databases offerings and integration approaches / challenges
• Ability to solve complex issues, good at problem statement analysis and solution design thinking
• Confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
• Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.