Aon Sp. z o.o.
Financial Controls and SOX Manager
Aon Global SOX team has an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated SOX Manager! This hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Krakow office will support the Global SOX Team.
As the SOX Manager you will apply your expertise in business accounting processes and controls, while fostering relationship with key process owners and global leaders across the company.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
You will serve as a subject matter expert and project manager to coordinate and drive the Global SOX Program results:
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison with Regional and Country Controllership teams as well as other departments related to the daily, monthly, and quarterly operations in support of financial controls testing for SOx 404 compliance
- Coordinate globally to ensure internal control assessors and local management there are trained and able to perform their SOX framework responsibilities
- Support Regional Controllership teams with the SOx 302 and SOx 404 process
- Oversee SOX assessors, ensuring that deadlines for all processes within scope are met
- Evaluate the design of internally controls and recommend process improvements, including key strategic global projects
- Liaise with the external auditors to prioritize deliverables and manage escalation issues for an effective SOX program
- Report results to SOX Steering Committee, including Global Controller / Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Audit Executive
- Manage and/or serve as participant / subject matter expert in key Finance projects
- Execute projects thought the year by driving alignment with key stakeholders
- Join in special and/or technical projects such as revenue recognition system implementations, M&A compliance, and others
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required (preferably Level C1)
- Accounting and auditing skills [ability to document and analyze processes, both manual and automated]
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage a global team of associates, including virtual workers; and
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in in accounting or finance (Master’s degree preferred) or 5+ years of audit and/or SOX experience.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
NB. Dependant on regional requirements, please include specific benefits where applicable and relevant accommodation criteria and enhanced equal opportunities statement.