Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will
• Analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions
• Work as one of the senior developers of a distributed team with members in London, Krakow, Wroclaw.
• Collaborate with other global IT teams
• Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in the FX Cockpit team in Kraków. The FX Cockpit Team is working to provide FX sales & trading tools, including but not limited to dealer intervention and order management. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years.
• strong backend Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming with excellent design and problem solving skills (hands-on experience in the following areas: building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies)
• hands-on experience running teams using Agile methodologies, especially Scrum and TDD
• applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
• experience with client-server messaging formats (e.g. Protobuf, JSON over REST/WebSocket or EMS)
• experience with cloud solutions as a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.