Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Kraków, London, Wroclaw
Are you an experienced software engineer who likes a challenge and interested in exploring an emerging area in Algorithmic trading? Are you a team-player who enjoys developing best-in-class software applications and tools that will ensure team objectives are achieved in an efficient and compliant manner?
We are looking for a Software Developer like you to:
• develop reusable libraries and scalable applications that are used to perform validation on algorithmic and electronic trading models
• develop scalable data solutions to track experimentation and analysis of model performance
• contribute to the evolution of current solutions to make algo/e-trading model validation more efficient.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of our development team within our Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) Algorithmic Trading function in London. You will work closely with IT developers and Quants within our team and algo/e-trading stakeholders such as model owners, traders, and other control functions.
Our team's mandate includes algo model validation, model performance reviews and front-to-back model governance and controls as well as the in-house development of the applications to support these processes. Our core objective is to ensure that the models are fit-for-purpose for the models’ users.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a proven track record as a software developer, systems engineer or in a related discipline
• experience with a broad variety of programming languages such as Java / C++ / Python / bash
• experience with software development lifecycle and industry best practices
• experience with containerization, cloud technologies (preferably Azure) and distributed systems
• good understanding of design patterns and data structures
• strong communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical topics clearly and intuitively
• exposure to UI frameworks knowledge such as React, knowledge of kdb (kx systems) and Q programming desirable
• knowledge of the financial industry and market microstructure would be highly advantageousBS
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.