The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor with a deep understanding of their needs who can help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors is seeking a talented individual who can support and enable our client facing teams to succeed in this environment. Are you that person?
As a Regional RFP Manager within State Street Global Advisors’ Global Institutional Group, you will take an active role in the business development process, with responsibility for managing a team of RFP and DDQ analysts. The focus of this team is to create accurate, high-quality, and compelling requests for proposals, requests for information and due diligence questionnaires for prospective and current institutional clients and consultants. In this player/coach role, you will be responsible for:
- Team Management:
- Managing a team of RFP & DDQ Analysts, including administrative governance, oversight and training.
- Oversight of regional workflow assignments and delivery expectations.
- Working closely with your counterparts in Krakow to create a single Global Institutional Group (GIG) team environment
- Contribute to the periodic performance assessment working closely with the functional manager providing input relating to behaviours and diversity and inclusion
- Act as a voice for GIG Poland team within GIG, Poland Branch and across wider SSGA
- RFP/DDQ Production:
- Managing the completion of the RFP/RFI/DDQ to the deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for drafting, information gathering, review and final approval of RFPs/RFIs/DDQs
- Working with client facing teams to analyze proposal requirements to determine bid/no bid
- Engaging and partnering with internal subject matter experts to draft nonstandard answers to questions that are clear and compelling (player)
- Compiling performance, characteristics and personnel data for RFPs/RFIs/DDQs
- Ensuring the firm brand, product messaging, and tone are consistent throughout the document
- Minimizing reputational risk by working with subject matter experts to ensure that language and data meet regulatory requirements
- Continually looking for ways to improve and simplify the RFP team’s processes
- Maintaining and logging information for RFP reporting metrics
This role is part of the Global Request for Proposal, Request for Information and Due Diligence Questionnaire Team. In that role you will report to the Global Head of RFP (located in Boston) and matrix manager locally in Krakow.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience in asset management or RFP writing.
- Previous management experience
- Understanding of the asset management business, basic financial concepts, and regulations as well as knowledge of various asset classes (e.g., equity and fixed income), different investment products, and market segments
- Comprehensive understanding of SSGA products
- Strong project management, analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal outcomes
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to understand and communicate investment data
- Acute attention to detail
- Capability to produce high-quality and/or final work product and solutions in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines, including the skill to prioritize and allocate projects and workflow to ensure timely and accurate delivery
- Being collaborative by nature with the capability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines
- An ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with internal partners across all levels of the organization
- An ability to take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
- An ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- A positive attitude that motivates and inspires others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, specifically MS Word and Excel
- Graduate or above, preferably a MBA graduate with specialization in finance