Aon Sp. z o.o.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Deliver on-going support for robust, scalable enterprise data warehouse systems, advanced ETL pipelines and supportive applications
- Take responsibility for successfully troubleshooting production issues - prepare and deploy bug-fixes for production ETL pipelines, applications, and related issues
- Support enhancement to existing processes to improve efficiency and automation
- Proactively conducting root cause analysis to identify and understand foundational data quality issues and present possible solutions
- Propose and implement process analysis and other improvement initiatives
- Participate in code release and change management activities
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models by writing SQL/Python/Spark or other (not only ETL) code
- Cooperate with development teams to provide/be provided with technical and functional knowledge
- Maintain up to date technical and operational documentation
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Understanding of ETL and data warehouse designs and concepts
- Expertise with data models and data transformations techniques
- Experienced in troubleshooting ETL pipelines, databases and servers' performance, integrity, connectivity, and security related issues
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to achieving business outcomes
- Proficient in business communication - both written and verbal
- Understanding of industry data privacy concerns, practices, and control systems
- Must have
- minimum 2-3 years' experience with SQL Server and other relational database management systems
- knowledge of python programming language, mostly related to data ingestion and data transformation
- experience with AWS
- very good analytical and numerical skills
- Nice to have
- Spark experience
- Databricks experience
- Snowflake experience
- Knowledge of Scala programming language
- Big data exposure
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent is preferred.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
NB. Dependant on regional requirements, please include specific benefits where applicable and relevant accommodation criteria and enhanced equal opportunities statement.