Software Engineer (Regulatory Applications)
Poland, United Kingdom, United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey, United States - Tennessee
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Kraków, London, Nashville, Stamford, Weehawken
Do you want to design and build attractive digital products and services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a software engineer to:
• design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our clients and employees
• apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
• share knowledge and expertise with colleagues, help with hiring, and contribute regularly to our engineering culture and internal communities
• work as part of an agile development team that spans global locations challenging the status quo, innovating, and building great software
• be a hands-on, experienced technical team member to work in the Regulatory Applications team for Group Finance
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the CDIO Group Finance stream team in one of our US, UK or Poland locations focusing on Regulatory Applications
Our technology provides the software and tools are the backbone for accurate and timely financial controls and reporting across all legal entities in the UBS Group. We work closely together with our product sponsors, and crew product and technical leads and colleagues to ensure we can respond quickly to the needs of our Finance team, clients, regulators, and shareholders.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• bachelor degree or equivalent focusing on Computer Science/ Engineering/ Science, or a related field
• ideally 7+ years of experience in a similar position focused on design, engineering and participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle of regulatory applications within the finance sector
• hands-on knowledge and profession experience of Spark, Scala, Python, microservice architecture
• experience in cloud (Azure preferred) deployments and devops is preferable
• proven track of requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, coding, testing, and implementation providing support for real-time low latency, distributed software systems processing big data sets
• fluent in English and a strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
• results-driven with ability to deliver to tight timelines, proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
• strong team player who takes initiative, well organized, structured and with drive to deliver high quality software solutions / componentsUL
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.