Head EMEA Region - CDIO WM USA
Digital, Information Technology (IT), Management and Business Support, Strategy
Job Reference #
Do you have a broad mix of architecture, development and strong technology leadership competencies? Are you experienced in partnering with business stakeholders to develop a technology strategy supporting their business objectives?
If so, we are looking for someone like this to:
• Lead and develop the CDIO Wealth Management USA Technology organization in Poland as an integrated team, collaborating with global stakeholders across key locations including USA, Poland, Hungary, India
• Provide effective supervision and oversight for Group Technology in the region (Europe), covering external + staff (permanent and 3rd party) and all key technology capabilities including vendor software development center in Budapest
• Play a key role in leading the strategic transformation & development of organization and capabilities in the region, including workforce, vendor and location strategy
• Lead initiatives to promote and embed the UBS engineering culture in Poland internally and raise profile externally to strengthen our position as a technology employer of choice in the local market
• Implement cultural initiatives including graduate hiring and development, learning, talent development and diversity and inclusion
• Create a strong engineering culture with a focus on agile development, continuous delivery tooling and reducing time to market, whilst maintaining a pipeline of certified and distinguished engineers
• Ensure CDIO WM USA in the region is compliant with local legal and regulatory requirements and services adhere to UBS Risk, Regulatory & Compliance policies and guidelines
• Represent Technology at the Poland Management Committee and other key governance forums
• Be functionally responsible for delivering on CDIO WM USA transformation in supporting definition and implementation of one element (i.e. DevOps, agile working, performance monitoring, Cloud migration)
• Comfortable in managing ambiguity and influencing without authority, the successful candiate will be able identify opportunities, rapidly form suggest actions and strategies, and build consensus to execute.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of our CDIO WM USA team. Based in Poland, you will report to the Head of Client Strategy, Digital and Client Platforms, CDIO WM USA. Your team will be based in Wroclaw, Poland.
• Degree from a leading university, ideally complemented with further post-graduate education and broad knowledge of information technology and cutting-edge innovation
• Comfortable with interacting with executive stakeholders across various countries and cultures
• Proven track record in the architecture, design and implementation of large-scale transformational technology development projects in a global matrix organization
• Expertise in modern software development practices, including Agile and DevOps
• Strong presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent team building, able to engage and empower a multi-skilled global team
• Proven conceptual know-how and strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to lead people and organizational change, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
• Strong conflict resolution and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
• Passionate about technology
• An excellent communicator
• Strong English (C1 or equivalent) is required.
• A servant-leader, able to represent the local teams, globally
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.