IT Software Engineer
Business management, administration and support
Job Reference #
As an IT Software Engineer you will be a part of CDIO Risk Management Development Office. The team provides a multitude of services to the Operational Risk Mangers within the Bank, including: Operational Risk Framework (ORF) related activities such as risk analysis and reporting, metrics collection, standards management, etc. Developer is required to deliver automated solutions supporting Risk Management processes, including Risk Governance and Risk Remediation. Your daily tasks:
• Analyze user/business requirements and design/implement appropriate solutions.
• Negotiate architecture with stakeholders, including infrastructure administrators
• Design and code software components following in-house standards and good design principles.
• Develop end-to-end solutions for data extraction, transformation and loading using ETL tools.
• Design and implement database procedures, functions, high-performance SQL queries and complex data transformations in PostgreSQL
• Monitor and optimize data base stability and performance.
• Document to UBS standards
• Work in a team, mentor and support other team members
The team is a part of a bigger organization providing Risk Management & Group Resilience services across CDIO; and is based in Krakow. Our focus is to support the Organization in day-to-day operational risk and control management.
University degree in Computer Science or similar, preferred one of the following areas: Software Development or Data Science and Analytics.
• At least 5 years of experience in IT Industry, in all phases of Software Development LifeCycle
• Strong experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle or another relational databases (RDBMS)
• SQL and PL/SQL or another database programming language
• Familiarity with current technology trends (Ex. Cloud / Azure, Automation, Data Science, etc.)
• ETL tools: Alteryx, Python, Kafka
• Ability to work with multiple sources of data, identify correlations between them and come up with logical conclusions
• Good communication skills and being a team player
We also require solid technical experience in at least one of areas:
• Business Intelligence tool: Power BI, Tableau or another one
• Web applications development: Python/Django
• DevOps, CI/CD, GitLab pipelines, Terraform/ARM Templates
• Unix/Linux, shell scripting
• Security and access controls protocols
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.