Overall Job Purpose
Majorel is seeking discerning individuals plugged into internet technologies at the intersection of crisis, geopolitical and user harm issues. You will be working on the leading edge of fast-developing issues like characterizing the spread of online content trends, researching dangerous organizations and movements, and analyzing geopolitical issues. This position is on-site at the <Location>, offices of our client, which is a major technology company.
Candidates can expect a fast-paced, high-energy environment working on a team that delivers high-impact investigations of culture-shifting trends. Successful candidates will be able to coalesce, through discernment, writing, and technical research, information from a variety of sources and ensure our client’s global team can get up to speed on the latest developing trends. Strong writing and communication skills are essential for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply a custom set of instructions to translate qualitative intelligence and incident reports into coherent and consistent quantitative entries for continuous monitoring and analysis efforts
- Coordinate with project leads in continuous monitoring and forecasting roles to regularly diagnose issues with data quantification instructions and improve coding procedures
- Investigate, analyze and report on identified trends
- Document all data and research procedures
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Evaluate, analyze, and conceptualize strategic risks and threats to trust in Google. Identify emerging trends and forecast new forms of abuse
- Investigate, analyze and report on identified trends and incidents on a weekly basis.
- Synthesize multidimensional information and data sources clearly and concisely for different audiences, including executives.
- Evaluate, analyze, and conceptualize strategic risks and threats to trust in <Company> and its users.
- Analyze geopolitical developments, social issues, and other events with an online nexus to identify emerging trends and forecast new forms of abuse.
- Monitor, measure, and report on forecasted trends, ideally including quantitative analysis.
- Translate how global developments could have a potential adverse impact to <Company> users.
- Generate ad hoc research products on a range of topics with an online nexus.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations, Data Science, Journalism, Anthropology or related field.
- Native or advanced fluency in Croatian.
- 2+ years of experience in intelligence, security analysis, threat or risk management, strategic or geopolitical forecasting, or a related field (as an Academic scholar, Researcher, NGO member or worked with Security/Intelligence teams)
- Excellent writing and drafting skills in English.
- Strong understanding of international and geopolitical events and how they impact Global businesses and/or Relevant work experience in a research-based role.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision, at times under adverse and stressful conditions.
- Fluency and experience in using Word/Excel/PPT or <Company> Workspace.
- Calm under pressure, with an ability to function well in urgent, developing situations.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once.
- Understanding of global violent extremist groups and dangerous organizations.
- Understanding of disinformation / misinformation pathways and risks to <Company> products.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in political science, data science, international relations, journalism, digital media or a related field, or have a technical or advanced degree such as a PhD.
- Ability to infer how current events will manifest online and evolve over time. Experience developing strategic or geopolitical forecasts is desirable.
- Understanding of how international and geopolitical events may impact a global company.
- Proven track record of an investigative, data-driven approach to answering complex questions.
- Strong interest in online content, news media, and current events.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and related policy and regulatory environments is a plus.
- High degree of initiative and deadline-driven productivity.
- Research Oriented
- Solutions Orientated
- Organisational commitment
- Customer Focus
- Organisation & Planning
- Results Orientated
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving & Information Gathering
- Resilience & Adaptability
What we offer
- Product Training and upskilling processes
- Vibrant, multi-cultural environment
- Career & Personal Development
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Subsidized Life Insurance
- Private medical care package
- Cafeteria program with wide range of employee benefits (including Multisport)
- Internal Team and Wellness Activities
- Work in a modern office environment with access to free snacks and drinks