Who we are looking for
As an AIS PERA Senior Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team responsible for reporting for our Private Equity or Real Assets fund clients. You will be accountable for preparing and/or reviewing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients.
We are looking for a committed candidate who as a part of Alternative Investment Solutions will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting and fund administration services to hedge and private equity funds.
PERA is the fastest growing sector of the funds industry with huge potential for additional client take-ons and expansion within existing clients into diverse assets classes such as Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Hybrid models.
We continue to see a steady stream of growth in scale and complexity across the client base. This is expected to continue long into the future as the industry grows and matures.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Managing internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Managing client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors, as necessary. Reviewing and/or preparing quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Reviewing and/or preparing capital call and distribution calculations and related notices to investors
- Reviewing and/or preparing periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Reviewing and/or preparing quarterly management fee calculations
- Reviewing and/or preparing waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
- Reviewing limited partnership agreements and offering memoranda to ensure all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with the fund’s governing documents
- Maintaining working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues
- Ensuring all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary
- Participating in special client or internal projects as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid team player
- Strong attention to details and well organized
- Self motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Ambition to succeed and forge a long-term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience within a similar role
- Good command of English
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs