Who we are looking for
The focus of this role is management of depositary teams ( aprox. 40 FTE) involved in executing controls over alternative funds (Private equity, Real estate, Private markets, hedge funds).
Depositary provides comprehensive services to help funds meet the requirements of AIFMD and UCITS directives, CSSF circulars, including but not limited to cash monitoring that includes daily monitoring of all cash flows and review of significant cash flow, safekeeping of financial instruments, also verify ownership of other assets and oversight of the operation of the fund, including valuation, subscription/redemption process, distribution, timely settlement of transactions, and investment compliance monitoring.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Depositary Manager you will
- Responsible for the achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives.
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions.
- Contribute to the development of the organization in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies.
- Create and drive a culture of strict adherence of all Corporate and Departmental procedures.
- Provide leadership and support to the department managers necessary for ensuring their teams are organized and working as efficiently and controlled as possible.
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilization.
- Ensure that teams managed are properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines.
- Assist colleagues and deputize in their absence.
- Utilize management information to assist in managing both clients and resources.
- Focus on development opportunities for team members and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department.
- Using corporate tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire area in scope.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization.
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately.
- Provide regular feedback to managers and senior management with regard to Depositary operations.
- Lead and contribute to service review, operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with stakeholders.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide, EMEA or global projects and lead local department initiatives.
- Manage and support the transition of work to and from Poland office
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Depositary business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting with focus on alternative funds accounting, and Regulatory background to Funds Industry and Depositary.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Proficiency in English.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Typically candidate for the Assistant Vice President role will have 6-8 years of experience with at least 4 years specific relevant experience managing a large team in a managerial capacity
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.